Seek Others Good
Questions for Study 7
1 Corinthians 10:1-11:1
Memory Verse: 24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Warnings From Israel's History (10:1-13)
1. Whose spiritual forefathers does Paul use as an example? (1-4; Exodus 14:21-22, 16:11-12, 17:6, 19:5-9) How does this equate with the Christian experience? (Jer. 31:31; Rom. 5:5, Matt. 28:19-20; Luke 22:19-20; John 6:56-58)
2. Who is Israel's true leader? (2b; Gen. 49:24-25; Deut. 32:3-4, 15-18) Even though he rescued and provided for them, what happened to most? (5; Exodus 32:33-34; Num. 11:1, 14:20-24)
3. What can we learn not to do? (6) How can a Christian "sit down and indulge in pagan revelry"? How is sexual immorality wrong in all ages? (8) What does it mean to "test the Lord"? (9; Num. 21:4-6) When are we tempted to grumble? (10)
4. Why does God remind and so warns us? What does "the fulfillment of the ages has come"? What is a common misconception of some who heard the gospel, believed it, but did not act upon it? (12)
5. Does God test our faith as he tested the Israelites? (13) Why? (Luke 16:10-12) If we fail a test can we blame God? What should we do if we do fail when we are tested?
II. Feasts and the Lord's Supper (10:14-22)
6. What remembrance given by Jesus does Paul mention? (14-17) What is Paul referring to in verse 18? An idol is not a god, however, what is a hidden truth of offering to one? (19-20)
7. What then are we not to do? (21) What is this actually doing? (22) How does some of our modern day practices and acts equal the sacrifice of pagans?
III. The Believer's Freedom (10:23-11:1)
8. What common Corinthian Christian phrase does Paul repeat and counter? (23) Whose benefit should we work for? (24) Could a selfish Christian be equal the sacrifice of pagans?
9. Where did some of the meat in the market place come from in their society? (25-26) What apparently was some of the Corinthian Christians concerned about? (27) If the source was made known why would it be best for them not to eat it? (28-30)
10. What should be our motivation? (31) Who should we keep in mind? (32) Why? (10:33-11:1)