The Reason and Attitude for Suffering
Questions for Study 4
1 Peter 4:1-19
Memory Verse: 2:13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Live For God (4:1-6)
1. Why did Jesus suffered in his body? What does this mean personally to you? What does it mean to "arm yourselves also with the same attitude"? Why?
2. What are some evil human desires we no longer live for? (2; Gal. 5:19-21) How did God make it possible for us to live for his will? (Gal. 5:16-18, 22-25) When we accept God's will and no longer live for evil human desires what will others think of our changed lifestyle? (4; Mark 13:12-13) Who will judge those who persecute us? (5; John 5:22)
3. What is the gospel? (6; and 1 Cor. 15:1-8) Who is it preached to? Why is it preached to them?
II. Love Each Other Deeply (4:7-11)
4. What does it mean by "the end of all things is near"? (7a; Matt. 13:37-43) How does understanding this affect our life? (7b)
5. How is practiced love more powerful than sin? (8) What the first practice love mentioned? (9)
6. Why does God in his grace give us gifts? (10) What are the two that are mentioned? (11a) Since the gift comes from the God who should receive the praise? (11b)
III. Participating in the Sufferings of Christ (4:12-19)
7. What is the nature of the trial mention in verse 12? Who are some believers in Scriptures that went through trials? (Luke 6:22-23) How is our suffering now linked to the future? (13)
8. How can an insult turn into a blessing? (14) Does every reason for suffering turn into a blessing? (15)
9. What is the wrong and the right response when suffering for Jesus' name? (16) How are sufferings for Christ judgements? What does verse 18 mean?
10. What else should we do when we suffer according to God's will? (19)