Love and Obey the Lord
Questions for Study 11
Memory Verse: 1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Earth Opened Its Mouth (1-12)
1. What does the Lord require of us? (1; Matt. 22:36-40; John 14:15-18) Did the grandchildren of those who the Lord brought out of Egypt experience any miracles? (2-4) Did they experience the cleansing of the earth opening up? (5-6) Who saw these things and what should they do with that knowledge? (7) Who saw these things and what should they do with that knowledge? (7; 4:9-10)
2. What is the first reason should they observe the God's laws? (8) And the second? (9) How did Jesus say the same thing in Luke 6:46-49?
3. How did they have grow crops in Egypt? (10) How was the promised land better? (11) Why was the promised land different? (12) What does this tell us about the Lord's love? (Matt. 6:33-34)
II. A Blessing and a Curse (13-32)
4. How is loving and serving the Lord related but different? (13) What did the Lord promise them if they did both? What will be the end result? (15) How did Jesus further describe this in John 4:23-24?
5. What can happen to anyone even if they start out good? (16) What happens to a person who starts out good but turns away from the Lord? (17) How can we stop this from happening? (18; John 6:63)
6. What is the responsibility of parents and God's people? (19) What would be the reason for writing the Lord's word on doorframes and gates? How is knowing and obeying the word good for every day living? (21)
7. If we love the Lord by obeying his commands what would they Israelites be able to witness? (22-23) What would the Lord give them? How will the Lord protect and bless them? (25) Is this promise given to us as well? (Matt. 16:16-19, 28:18-20)
8. What was set before the Israelites just before they entered the promised land? (26) What was the bases of each? (27-28) What were they do to when they entered the promised land? (29) What can we do that would help remind us of the Lord's will for our lives?
9. How would knowing they would be at these mountains an encouragement to Israel? (30) What was sure to happen? (31-32) What can be learned about the Lord's way of dealing with his people?