Seek the Place of Worship
Questions for Study 12
Memory Verse: 13:17
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Lord Will Chose the Place (12:1-14)
1. What are we to follow? (1) What is the first thing they are to do? (2) How complete should they do this? (3) Why is it important to remove false religion from our lives? (Phil. 4:8; and 2 Tim. 2:20-21)
2. Did the people who lived in the promised land worship god? Was their way of worship correct? What were they to do in the special place of worship? (6) What is the mode of worship we should engage in?
3. What had the Israelites done up to this point? (8-9) Where they to do this when they obtain the promised land? (10-11) What kind of a giver does the Lord seek? (12-14; Phil. 4:4-7; and 2 Cor. 9:6-8)
II. Present Offerings and Eat Meat (12:15-32)
4. What were the Israelites allowed to do? (15, 22) What were they sure to do? (16, 23-25) What were they to do with the tithe and offerings? (17-18) Who are the Levites in our time? (19; and 1 Cor. 9:7-12; and 1 Tim. 5:17-18)
5. What were the Israelites to do if Jerusalem was to far for them to slaughter meat and eat it? (20-21) Did this exclude them from ever going to Jerusalem?
6. What does it mean if something is consecrated? (26) What was the procedure for presenting consecrated things to the Lord? (27-28)
7. What were they to not know about? (29-20) Why? (31-32) How can we do the same?
III. The Lord Tests Through False Prophets (13:1-18)
8. How does the Lord test his people? (1-3) What are we to remember when someone comes along claiming they have a new revelation? (4) What were the Israelites to do with false prophets? (5) What are we to do? (1 Tim. 1:18-20)
9. Would loved one entices them to sin? (6-8) What were they to do if this would happen? (9-11) What are we to do? (Matt. 10:34-39; 12:46-50)
10. If a town in Israel is believed to entice others to worship other gods what was the first thing they needed to do? (12-14) If the investigation shows it is true what was the next thing they were to do? (15) What was the final thing they were to do? (16-18) How would this ensure that greedy people wouldn't create rumors?