More Stipulations of the Covenant
Questions for Study 18
Memory Verse: 22:9
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. A Rebellious Son (21:18-21)
1. What can be learned about parents and children from verse 18 and 5:16? What is the last course of action parents can have with a rebellious son? (19) What kind of son is this addressing? (20) Why such an extreme sentence? (21)
2. What does the New Testament say about parent and children relations? (Col. 3:20-21; Eph. 6:1-4) How did Paul give us an example of a good father? (1 Thess. 2:10-12) What should be considered is a man is to be an elder? (1 Tim. 3:4; Tit. 1:6) What should all followers of Jesus remember? (Luke 11:2; and 2 Thess. 2:16-17; Heb. 12:7-11)
II. More Laws (21:22-22:12)
3. What is true of anyone hung on a tree and how does this prepare for Jesus' crucifixion? (22-23; Gal. 3:13-14) What is to be our relationship with our brothers? (1-2) To what extent our we to help our brother? (3-4)
4. How are we to acknowledge the difference between men and women? (5; Titus 2:1-8; and 1 Tim. 5:1-2) How does God's concern from birds show us his love for us? (6-7; Luke 12:24-26)
5. How are we to make our house safe? (8) What advice is given a farmer? (9) What might this have to do with gospel work? (Matt. 13:24-30)
6. What does verse 10 mean and how can it be applied to whom we are to marry? (2 Cor. 6:14-16; Matt. 9:16-17) How would verse 12 eventually point to Jesus as the Messiah? (Mal. 4:2; Mark 5:27-29)
III. Marriage (22:13-30)
7. Why is purity of marriage important? How did the Lord give protection to a young woman? Why should the unmarried vow to do? (Heb. 13:4)
8. How is the parents also responsible for their children's virginity? (17-18) How should the rights of the pure be upheld? (19) How will the impure be delt with? (20-21; and 1 Cor. 5:9-13)
9. How was Israel to deal with marital impurity? (22) What can be learned from verses 23-24? How does a lax of justice today explain the growing evil youth slavery and what is sure to be the result? (Rev. 21:8, 22:14-15; and 1 Cor. 6:9-11)
10. What was Israel to do with rapists? (25-27) What if she is unmarried? (28-29) Did anyone in Israel ever violate the law of verse 30?