Live a Life Worthy of the Calling
Questions for Study 4
Key Verse: 4:1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Unity (4:1-6)
1. What kind of life should we live? (1) What are some of the things that this entails? (2) How much effort are we to put to unity? (3) What are all the "ones" Paul identifies? (4-6)
II. Maturity (4:7-16)
2. What is grace? (7) How does Psalm 68:18 foretell this? (8)
3. When did Christ descended to earth? (9; John 1:14; Heb. 2:14-15) When did he ascend to heaven? (10, Acts 1:9; Heb. 4:14-16, 8:1-2)
4. Who appoints us? (11) Are each given the same task and position? What was his intention in appointing us? (12) How is the body built up? What is the final out come? (13)
5. How are infants in Christ described? (14) How does this explain the task of the different positions in verse 11? (1 Tim. 4:13; and 2 Tim. 2:15)
6. How are we to speak the truth? (15) What are we to do for one another? (16) How does this further explain unity?
III. Reward of Personal Life (4:17-5:20)
7. What happens when a person hardens his heart to God? (17-19) What three things do Christians do? (20-24)
8. What is the first practical way to put on the new self? (25) What is the second? (26) How can anger be a foothold? (27) What is the third? (28) What is the fourth? (29-30) What are some other ones listed in verses 31-32?
9. What is our example of how we are to love? (5:1-2) What are some ways this can be done? (3-7)
10. How can we find out what pleases the Lord? (8-10) Who does Christ shine the light on and why? (11-14; Ps. 119:105) How then are we to live? (15-20)