The Lord Will Fight For You
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 14:14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIEW A MAP OF EGYPT AND SINAI.
I. Consecrate Every Firstborn Male (13:1-16)
1. What does it mean when someone or something is consecrated to the Lord? (1-2) What might leaving slavery and getting rid of yeast have in common? (3-7) How can this help us as we celebrate the Last Super as Jesus told us?
2. What can we learn about teaching the next generation from verse 8? How does this relate to the law of the Lord? (9-10) What is important for the older generation who are to teach the younger generation? (Deut. 11:18-21)
3. What does it mean to redeem? (11-13) Why were they to redeem the firstborn? (14-15) How can traditions bring us and our children closer to the Lord and truth? (16)
II. The Lord Went Ahead of Them (13:17-22)
4. What can be learned about God from the way he led his people? (17) Though they were armed for battle were they ready for the fight? (18) What can we learn about the spiritual battle? (2 Tim. 4:7; and 1 Tim. 6:11-16; and 2 Cor. 10:3-6)
5. What promise was Moses sure to keep? (19) Why did Joseph want to be buried with his ancestors? (Gen. 50:24-26) What can we learn about what is important? (Matt. 22:37-40)
6. Follow on a map where the Lord was leading Israel. (20) How did the Lord lead them? (21-22) What can we learn about the Lord? (John 10:2-5)
III. The Lord Fought For Them (14:1-31)
7. What was the Lord planning and why? (1-9) Why did the Israelites doubt? (10-14; Matt. 14:31; Luke 24:37-38) What had the Lord planned? (15-18)
8. How did God show his protection for Israel? (19-20) What does "wall of water" imply about how high the water was on either side of them? (21-22) What did this symbolize? (1 Cor. 10:1-6)
9. What can be learned about what might happen to those who obey God and yet find danger all around them? (23-25) In the mist of danger and trouble what should God's people do? (Heb. 13:6-8; Rev. 2:8b-10)
10. What does it mean to fear the Lord? (29-31) How is fear and trust related? (Psalm 40:3-4; 115:11)