The Faith of Moses
Questions for Study 10
Memory Verses: 11:23
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS
I. Moses' birth (23)
1. In what respect were the circumstances surrounding Moses' birth hopeless? (Ex. 1:8-22)
2. What can we learn from Moses' parents' faith? How might his parents' faith have influenced his life? (Ex. 1:22-2:10)
II. Moses' decision (24-27)
3. What decision of faith did Moses make after he grew up? (24,25) Think about what Moses gave up. What is the limit on "the pleasures of sin"?
4. Why did Moses make this decision? What did he believe? What were his rewards? What was the cost?
5. Why did leaving Egypt with the people of Israel incur the king's anger? (Ex. 2:12, 15)
6. How was Moses able to persevere, not giving up and turning back? What can we learn here?
III. Moses' act of faith (28)
7. In what respect was keeping the Passover an act of faith? What did those who kept the Passover and sprinkled the blood believe about God? (Ex. 12)
8. What was accomplished by keeping the Passover? (Ex. 12:24-36.) What does this teach about God?
9. How does Moses' faith reflect Heb. 11:6? i) Believing that God exists ii) Believing that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.