Questions for Study 12
Memory Verses: 12:7
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS
I. Fix Our Eyes on Jesus (1-3)
1. What does it mean to be surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses? (see chapter 11) What can hinder our walk of faith? How does sin entangle?
2. What is it like to run a race? How is it like a life of faith? What does a runner fix his eye on as he is running a race? What did Jesus fix his eye on as he endured the cross? How is he our inspiration?
II. Our Father's Discipline (4-13)
3. What is our struggle against? What had the Hebrews endured already? (10:32-34) How did this compare to Jesus' suffering? To ours?
4. What does God say to his sons? What are hardships? Is it possible to live by faith without God's discipline? Why does God discipline his sons? (10-11)
5. What does verse 12 and 13 mean?
III. Warning Against Refusing God (14-29)
6. What two things are we told to do in verse 14? Why would this be hard for the Hebrew living in Israel at that time?
7. How could someone who called on Jesus become like Esau?
8. What mountain is verses 18-21 referring to? What was happening at the time described? What were they required to do before that?
9. What mountain does a believer in Jesus come to? What does the term "heavenly Jerusalem" further define it? What kind of assembly awaits us there? Who else is there?
10. Considering this letter so far, what have we been warned of over and over again? What will remain after God's soon to come shaking?