The Day of the Lord
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 17
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. The Day of the Lord (2:6-22)
1. What was the spiritual condition of Judah? (6, 8) What was the financial condition? (7) What had the Lord told them before they entered the land? (Deut. 7:5-6)
2. What did the Lord tell his stubbornly sinful people? (9-10) And the proud? (11-16)
3. When does verses 17 and 18 foretell? What does the Lord repeat twice? (19, 21) What will they realize is useless? (20) What admonition is given in verse 22?
II. Judgement Against Judah and Jerusalem (3:1-12)
4. What did the Lord Almighty say he was going to take away from Judah? (1-3) What will happen to their leadership? (4-5, 12) What foolish way will leaders be appointed? (6) Are such people able to lead? (7)
5. What was about to happen to Judah? (8) Why? (9) What was the sin of Sodom? (Gen. 13:13, 18:20-21, 19:3-5)
6. What does the Lord promise the righteous? (10) And the wicked? (11) Did Jesus say the same? (Matt. 13:41-43, 47-50, 25:45-46; Luke 14:13-14)
III. Judgement Against the Women of Zion (3:13-4:1)
7. What scene is given? (3:13-14a) What is the accusation? (14b-15)
8. What was the verdict of the women of Zion? (16) What will be the punishment? (17)
9. When the judgment against the women come what will they lose? (18-23) How will their lives be reversed? (24) How desperate will they be? (4:1)
10. Will the men they rely on be able to save them? (25) How desolate will Zion be? (26) When was this fulfilled? (2 Kings 24:2; and 2 Chronicles 36:15-21)