The Branch of the Lord
Questions for Study 3
Memory Verse: 5:7
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. The Branch of the Lord (4:2-6)
1. What does "in that day" mean? Who or what is "the Branch of the Lord"? What will it be? What will be the pride of the survivors in Israel at that time?
2. What does it mean to be holy? (3) What is bloodstain and how can it be removed? (4) When did the Lord send the Spirit of fire? (Acts 2:3-4)
3. When in Israel's history was a cloud of smoke and fire leading them and then on a mountain? (5-6; Exo. 13:21-22, 19:16-19) What is it to the people under it? When will this happen over all Mount Zion? (Mark 14:62; Rev. 1:12-16, 19:11-16)
II. The Song of the Lord's Vineyard (5:1-7)
4. What did the Lord do for his vineyard? (1-2) Who does the vineyard represent? (7a) What did Jesus teach about a vineyard? (Matt. 20:1, 21:28-32, 33-34; Luke 13:6-7)
5. What did the Lord ask Judah? (4) What did he want and did not get? What are good and bad grapes? (7b) What does the Lord do with unproductive vineyards? (5-6)
III. Woe and Judgements (5:8-30)
6. What was Judah's business practices like in Isaiah's time? (8-10) What was their personal life like? (11-12) Is this lifestyle still prevalent today? What is the result of those who live this way? (13-15)
7. Why will the Lord Almighty exalted? (16) What will happen when this is done? (17) How is Jesus the good shepherd? (John 10:11, 14-16; 1 Peter 2:24-25)
8. What kind of person is described in verses 18-19? In verses 20-23? What will happen to those who are like these? (24)
9. Who is the Lord's anger against? (25)
10. What will the Lord use to punish them? (26-30)