Do Not Pray For This People
Questions for Study 11
Memory Verse: 11:14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM JEREMIAH'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
I. The Covenant Broken (11:1-17)
1. What did the Lord remind Judah of? (1-2) What kind of person did not obey everything in the covenant? (3-4; Galatians 3:10-14) What kind of turmoil does the law create in us? (Romans 7:14-25)
2. What cause and consequences was Jeremiah to proclaim to all Judah? (6-8) What's the cause and result of a stubborn heart?
3. What's a conspiracy? (9) What was Israel and Judah's conspiracy? (10) What was the result? (11-13)
4. What did the Lord tell Jeremiah that he had told him before and would again? (14, 7:16, 14:11-12) Were their meat sacrifices enough to take away sin? (15-16; Hebrews 10:1-7) What was the result of sin? (17; and 2 Kings 21:10-12, 23:26-27, 24:3-4)
II. Shut Up or Die Jeremiah (11:18-23)
5. How did Judah receive Jeremiah's messages? (18-19) What does this reveal about our fallen state? (John 3:19-21) How did Jeremiah respond? (20)
6. What threats were breathed out against Jeremiah? (21) How did the Lord respond? (22) What is a remnant? (23)
III. Jeremiah's Complaint and the Lord's Answer (12:1-17)
7. What question did Jeremiah have? (1-2) And what complaint? (3a; James 1:2-3, 12) What did he ask the Lord to do? (3b-4)
8. What did the Lord tell Jeremiah about the reason for his tests? (5-6; and 1 Corinthians 11:32; Hebrews 12:4-13)
9. Who does the Lord love and hate? (7-9) Who was Judah's shepherds and what did they do? (10-11) What will the Lord do to them? (12-13)
10. What does the Lord promise Judah and its neighboring countries? (14-17) How does this reveal God heart for all the earth? (John 3:16-18)