Questions for Study 12
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM JEREMIAH'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
I. Linen Belt (13:1-11)
1. What new piece of clothing was Jeremiah to buy and wear? (1-2) After wearing it what was he told to do? (3-5) How might have Jeremiah felt?
2. What did the Lord tell him to do next? (6) What had happened to the belt? (7) What did this cost Jeremiah?
3. How was the belt a visual aid to the Lord's message of wrath? (8-9) How was it a symbol of what they were supposed to be? (10-11) What illustrations did Jesus use to teach the same thing? (Matthew 5:13-16)
II. Wineskins (13:12-14)
4. What obvious message was Jeremiah to deliver? (12) How would their answer reveal their heart toward Jeremiah and the Lord? What would the explanation be for the illustration? (13-14) Why did the Lord want Jeremiah to use illustrations as a message?
III. Captivity (13:15-27)
5. What kind of people was Jeremiah speaking too? (15) What warning was given them? (16) How is Jesus our light? (John 12:35-36, 44-46)
6. How would the Lord feel if his people were taken into captivity? (17) How did Jesus reveal the same feelings when his people rejected him as the Messiah? (Matthew 23:37-39)
7. What message was for the king and his mother? (18) What kind of leaders were they? What example was given them? (21)
8. Was it possible for them to change their evil ways? Why or why not? Who and how can our evil ways be changed?
9. What does the Lord compare idol worship to? What does this say about the kind of relationship the Lord wants with us?