Questions for Study 17
Memory Verse: 21:8
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM JEREMIAH'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
I. God Rejects Zedekiah's Request (21:1-14)
1. When did the words of this chapter come to Jeremiah? (1; 2 Chronicles 36:11-14; 2 Kings 24:20-25:3) When did the king decide to pray to the Lord? (2) What had the Lord already told him? (15:4)
2. What did the Lord say would happen to Jerusalem? (3-6) And to the king, his officials, and the people of Jerusalem? (7) What choices did the Lord give them?
3. What crimes had the royal house of Judah committed? (11-12) Why were they so arrogant? (13-14)
II. To Judah's King Jehoahaz (22:1-7)
4. What did the Lord want Jeremiah to do? (1-2) What did the Lord want? (3) What would happen if they did this? (4-5)
5. How will Jerusalem's situation change? (6) By what means? (7) Is the Lord the same today?
III. To Judah's King Jehoiakim (22:8-30)
6. What will be on all the minds of all who pass by fallen Jerusalem? (8-10) What would be the answer? (11-12)
7. Who was the next prophecy about? (18a) What kind of a king was he? Whose example should have he followed? (15-17) Where would he be buried? (18b-19)
8. What would happen to Judah's allies? (20, 22-23) Who was to blame for Jerusalem's downfall? (21)
9. What did the Lord say about King Jehoiachin? (24-27) What would happen to David's line? (29-30)
10. Why would Jehoiachin find this hard to believe? (2 Samuel 7:11-16) What did they not understand? (Deuteronomy 28:36-37, 28:64)