Questions for Study 12
Memory Verse: 13:5
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. A Nazirite (13:1-7)
1. What problem was Israel in and why? (1) What was Manoah's family problem? (2) Why did the Lord use this family problem in ancient times so often? (Deut. 7:14; Psalm 127:3-5)
2. What joyful news did the angel of the Lord deliver? (3) What special instructions did she have to follow? (4) What was a Nazirite? (5; Num. 6:1-4)
3. What did the woman do with the message she received? (6) Did she convey the angels message fully? (7) What would you think if you was in his place?
II. A Husband's Inquire (13:8-14)
4. Why did Manoah pray as he did? (8) Did the angel appear directly to Manoah? (9-10) Why might this be so?
5. How did the angel of the Lord answer Manoah's question? (11) What question did he ask the angel? (12) Why might he as the angel to repeat himself? (16b)
6. What can we learn from the angel's answer? (13-14) When the Lord reveals his plans for our lives how should we respond? (Isaiah 50:10) Why does the Lord often give us plans that are outside of our comfort level? (Heb. 12:7-8; John 14:1)
III. Offer it to the Lord (13:15-25)
7. What did Manoah want to do and why might he want to do that? (15) How did the angel respond? (16)
8. What did Manoah still not understand? (17) How does the angel's simple reply help us understand how to deal with those whose spiritual eyes are closed? (18) What did Manoah proceed to do? (19) What amazing thing did the Lord do? (20-21)
9. What did Manoah believe when he finally believed the angel? (22) What was he mistaken about? How did his wife's words show her faith? (23) What can be learned from her on how to live with a spouse that has weak or no faith? (Eccl. 4:9-12)
10. What does it mean that "the Spirit of the Lord began to stir in him? (24-25) How does the Spirit work in Jesus' people today?