Samson's Fall and Return
Questions for Study 15
Memory Verse: 16:30
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Samson Resists Temptation (16:1-12)
1. What was Gaza and why did Samson go there? (1) What did his enemies believe? (2) When he left what did he do with the city gates? (3) Why might he put them on the hill that faces Hebron?
2. What did his love for a Philistine lead to? (4-5) How did Samson resist Delilah's trap? (6-9) Did Samson plan this as in earlier situations?
3. How did Delilah try to trick him again? (10-11) Was she successful? (12) Was Samson wise for staying with her? (Pro. 6:23-28)
II. Samson Falls to Temptation (16:13-22)
4. Was her third attempt to trap him successful? (13-14) What should he have realized by now?
5. Did Samson and Delilah love each other as they told each other? (15) What shows her lack of love and respect for him? (16) What is love? (1 John 4:7-12; and 1 Cor. 13:4-7)
6. What could Samson finally not resist to do? (17) How did Delilah know he was telling the truth? (18-19) What did Samson forget about the true source of his strength? (20) What was the result? (21-22)
III. Samson's Death (16:23-31)
7. What did the Philistines not understand? (23-24) Why is it that those who do not know the Lord Jesus stay in such darkness? (Rom. 2:8; and 2 Timothy 3:1-9; Titus 1:10-16)
8. What were the Philistines to blind to see about the source of Samson's strength? (25) What did he tell the servant to do? (26) Why? (27)
9. What can we learn about Samson from his prayer? (28) How did he act in faith? (29) What does his claim "Let me die with the Philistines!" tell us? (30)
10. Where was he buried? (31) What can be learned about the Lord through Samson's sacrificial death?