Israel Did Evil in the Eyes of the Lord
Questions for Study 3
Memory Verse: 3:1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. He Raised up the Deliverer Othniel (3:7-11)
1. What happened to the Israelites when they forgot the Lord their God? (7) What angers our Lord? (8; Mark 3:5-6) Why did they need to be subjected to their enemies?
2. What does it mean to cry out to the Lord? (9) Who raised up Othniel? What can we learn about the way the Lord saved his people when they cried out to him?
3. When the Spirit came on Othniel what was he able to do? (10) Now that the Spirit is given to all followers of Jesus what can we do? (Acts 2:17-18) What resulted for the rest of the lives of this generation that repented? (11)
II. He Gave the Deliverer Ehud (3:12-30)
4. Did the generation after Othniel's have the same faith as their parents? (12) What same lesson did they have to learn as their parents had? (13) Why might their subjugation be longer then their parents? (14)
5. What can be said about the Lord who a second time sent them a deliverer? (15) What method of deliverance did Ehud use? (16-18) Why might he want to be alone?
6. Why did Ehud's plan to be alone with the king work? (19) Did the fact that the king wanted to hear a message from God make him a true believer? (20) Was his death the message God wanted him to have? (21-22) Why might Ehud lock to doors on his way out? (23)
7. What does the fact that the servants did not expect anything wrong say? (24-25) What can we learn from Ehud's methods? (Matt. 10:16)
8. After killing the king of Israel's enemy what did Ehud do? (26-27)
9. Why were the Israelites able to mobilize against their enemies now when before they couldn't? (28) How long did the peace last this time? (29-30)
III. Shamgar Also Saved Israel (3:31)
10. Look at a map to see where Shamgar was send compared to Ehud's location. (31) What can we learn from this? Does the Lord's training always come from the same place and way?