Jesus Calls Simon and Heals a Man with Leprosy
Questions for Study 10
Memory Verse: 13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
TO SEE WHERE THEY WERE PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF GALILEE.
TO SEE JESUS EARLY MINISTRY TRAVELS PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP.
I. Put Out Into Deep Water (1-7)
1. What shows the urgency of the crowd at Lake of Gennesaret? How did Jesus serve them? What can we learn from him?
2. How did the two fishermen contrast with the crowd? What had they been doing? Why do you think Jesus got into Simon's boat and asked him to put out a little from the shore?
3. After Jesus finished speaking, what did he tell Simon to do? What spiritual lesson can we learn from his words?
4. From a human point of view, why was Jesus' suggestion difficult for Simon to accept? What was Simon's attitude toward Jesus and his word? What does this show about the potential he had to be a disciple? To be a leader?
5. What were the results of Simon's small act of obedience? What does this teach about Jesus?
II. From Now On You Will Catch Men (8-11)
6. How did Simon react to this miracle? What did he realize about himself? What did he realize about Jesus?
7. What did Jesus tell Simon? Why might Simon have been afraid? What does it mean to catch men? Compare and contrast catching fish and catching men.
8. How did the fishermen respond to Jesus' invitation? How do you think they could make such a clear decision? What can we learn from them?
9. What can we learn about Jesus through this event? What can we learn from him about how to be a fisher of men?
III. Be Clean (12-16)
10. How did the leper act in faith? (12) How is sin like leprosy? How did Jesus respond? (13) What can we learn from Jesus direction to him? (14) When more and more people coming, why do you think Jesus withdrew to lonely places?