Jesus Teaches on the Plain
Questions for Study 13
Memory Verse: 22-23
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF GALILEE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JESUS' MID-MINISTRY TRAVELS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE A CHART COMPARING JESUS' PARABLES.
I. Blessed People (17-26)
1. Where had this large crowd who gathered around Jesus come from? Who was in the crowd? Who did Jesus address this message to?
2. From Jesus' point of view who are blessed? What are the rewards of those blessed? From Jesus' point of view who are the miserable people? What is in their future?
3. How is Jesus' viewpoint different from the viewpoint of worldly people? How can we have Jesus' viewpoint?
II. Love Your Enemies (27-36)
4. How does Jesus define "enemies"? How should a disciple show love practically in each encounter with one who has acted like an enemy?
5. What kind of reward should a disciple expect from acting in love toward enemies? Why is it important to know this?
III. Do Not Judge Others (37-42)
6. What are the practical reasons given by Jesus why disciples should not judge others?
7. What is the main point of Jesus' discipleship?
8. Why are we not qualified to judge others? What must we do in order to have sufficient spiritual discernment to help others? What does it mean to take a plank out of one's eye?
9. What is necessary if a disciple's life is to bear the fruit which Jesus demands? (43-45)
IV. A Wise Man and a Foolish Man (46-49)
10. What does Jesus' parable about the wise and foolish builders teach his disciples about how to grow spiritually? What must be a disciple's attitude towards Jesus words? Towards the Bible?