Jesus Grew in Wisdom and Stature
Questions for Study 6
Memory Verse: 52
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
TO SEE WHERE THEY WERE PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF GALILEE.
I. Return to Galilee (39-40)
1. When Joseph and Mary had done everything required by the law what did they do? (39) How is Luke 1:39 reconciled with Matthew 2:19-23?
2. What kind of childhood did Jesus have? (40) What is the difference between wisdom and knowledge? What is the source of wisdom? (Isaiah 33:6)
II. The Boy Jesus at the Temple (41-50)
3. What was the annual events for Jesus' family? (41) According to the law what is commanded for the Feast of the Passover? (42; Exodus.23:14-19; Leviticus 23:4-8)
4. What happened to Jesus' family when the Feast was over? (43-44) Why do you think Jesus stayed in the temple? (43) Who made this mistake? (44)
5. How did they find Jesus? (45-46a) What was Jesus doing in the Temple? (46b) What was the response of the people who saw Jesus in the Temple? (47)
6. What did Mary say to Jesus? (48) What was Jesus' response? (49) Did they understand what Jesus was saying? (50) Through this incident what do you know about Jesus' family?
III. Jesus Grew in Wisdom and Stature (51-52)
7. What was Jesus' attitude toward his parents? (51a; Exodus 20:12; Ephesians 6:1-4) What was Mary's role in raising Jesus? (51b)
8. How is Jesus' growth described? (40, 52) What are the characteristics of Jesus' growth? (Hebrews 5:8; Proverbs 3:1-3) What can we learn from this?