Signs of the End of the Age
Questions for Study 29
Key Verse: 30
AFTER YOU ANSWER PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ TO COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
I. The Beginning of Birth Pains (1-14)
1. Where was Jesus? What did his disciples do? Why? (cf. Mk. 13:1) How did Jesus answer? (2) To what was he probably referring to? What does the destruction of the temple mean to us?
2. What did the disciples ask Jesus privately? (3) What did they mean by "your coming" and "the end of the age"?
3. How did Jesus answer them? (4) What are the terrible things Jesus mention in verses 5-7? How did he view them? What can we learn here?
4. In verses 9-14, what else did Jesus say would happen? Why do people hate Jesus' people? Who might false prophets be? What happens under their influence? (12) What must Jesus' people do in such times? (13,14; cf. 2 Tim. 4:7) What does this mean?
II. They Will See the Son of Man Coming (15-31)
5. What do verses 15 & 16 mean? What does this "abomination" refer to? n what respect does this abomination reflect an inverted creation order? In what respect is this a preview of the end of the age?
6. In such terrible times, how do materialism and attachment to the world ensnare people? (17-18) What can we learn from this?
7. What must we do in such times of distress? (19-21) How will God help his own people? (22)
8. How will some try to deceive God's people? (23-26) How can we avoid being deceived? (24-27) What does verse 28 mean?
9. What did Jesus promise will happen at the end? (29-30) Who are the two kinds of people he will find on earth? What will his coming mean to each of them? Why?
III. Be a Faithful and Wise Servant (32-51)
10. How can Jesus' people have spiritual insight to interpret the times? (32-34) What is the eternal standard? (35)
11. Who knows when the end will come? (36) How will it be at his coming? (37-41) In light of this, what does he command us? (42-44) What does it mean to keep watch?
12. What does it mean to be a faithful and wise servant? (45-47) What does the other king of servant do, and why? What happens to him? (48-51) What can we learn here?