Jesus is Tempted
Questions for Study 6
Key Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JESUS' EARLY MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. It is Written (1-12)
1. Where did Jesus go? Who lead him? Why? Why at this time?
2. Who is the devil? (Jude 6, Colossians 1:13, John 8:44) How does he work? (2 Cor. 4:4)
3. What was the first temptation? Why would this be a opportune time and effective temptation at this time?
4. How is this reflective of one of man's human problems? (Gen. 3:19; John 6:15, 25, 26; 3a) How did Jesus answer? What can be learned from Jesus' answer? Why would have the first temptation been wrong for Jesus to follow?
5. What was the next temptation? How does it suggest an easy and splendid way to seemingly succeed? What was the devil trying to get Jesus to avoid? What was Jesus' answer? What can be learned from his answer?
6. What was the third temptation? How does this suggest compromise? How did Jesus answer? What can be learned from this answer?
7. In all instances, how did Jesus overcome temptation? What does the fact that Jesus overcame all the devil's temptation mean to us?
II. Jesus Begins to Preach (13-25)
8. Where did Jesus go after his temptations? What did he do? Why? What was the situation of the people? (12, 16) Why and how was Jesus a great light to them?
9. Why did Jesus call disciples at this time? (18-22) How did they respond? What can be learned from Jesus and his disciples?
10. How did Jesus serve the many sick? How did he use his healing ministry in his mission work? What can be learned about the kingdom of God and it's work from verses 13-25?