David Feared and Loved God
Questions for Study 11
1 Samuel 24:1-26:25
Key Verse: 26:23a
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF DAVID IN EXILE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN BY TRIBE.
I. David Spares Saul's Live (24:1-22)
1. After pursuing the Philistines what did Saul resume? (1-2) What opportunity did David have to kill Saul? Why didn't he? (5-7)
2. How did he use this event to defuse Saul's determination to destroy him? (8-11) What saying did he quote? What principle can we learn here? (Rom. 12:19-21)
3. What questions did David ask and then answer? (14-15) How was Jesus and David alike? (Luke 22:49-53)
4. What did Saul confess? (16-20) What promise did Saul ask David to make? How did the day conclude? (22) What does this event teach about David?
II. David, Nabal, and Abigail (25:1-44)
5. How does Samuel's death affect Israel? (1a) What does this show about his ministry? (3:20-21; 7:6,15-16; 10:5; Acts 3:24, 13:20b; Ps. 99:6; Jer. 15:1)
6. Where did David go and who lived there? (1b-3) What kind of man was me? (14-17) What word did David send to him? (4-9) What answer did David receive back and how did he respond? (10-13) Why? (20-22)
7. How did Abigail show her quality and help David? (18-19, 23-25) What words of encouragement did she give him? How did David respond? What happened to Nabal, her husband? How did David repay Abigail's kindness?
III. David Again Spares Saul's Life (26:1-25)
8. How did Saul show his fickleness? (1-4) When David saw Saul sleeping what did he do? (5-7)
9. What opportunity was David told he had been given? What did everyone know about David that he could not forget? (23:17; 24:20)
10. What reason did he give for not killing the king? (9-11) What principle did David learn with Nabal that we should learn? (Matt. 5:43-46) Why did Saul give up that time and go home?