INTRODUCTION TO 2 CORINTHIANS
AFTER READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS FOR STUDY ONE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
Before analyzing the test of any book of the Bible, it is well to learn the historical background.
Also, it is best to make a "skyscraper" view of its general contents.
- Author. Apostle Paul according to most scholars.
- Date Written. in 55 or 56 A.D.
- Period Covered. Beginning of the spread of the gospel, during Paul's third missionary journey.
- Geographical Centers. Paul was in Macedonia when he wrote this second letter to the congregation in Corinth.
- Main Theme. Overcome the problems in the congregation, especially the ill false reports of some against Paul and his ministry.
- Audience. A maturing congregation with clear divisions.
- God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself and his given to us a ministry of reconciliation.
- True ministry in Christ's name involves both suffering and victory.
- Serving Christ means ministering in His name to the total needs of persons.
- Leaders in ministry need support and trust from those to whom they minister.
Click the house to go to the Bible Study HOME Page