Jesus Christ Came in the Flesh
Questions for Study 1
2 John 1:1-13
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION TO 1 JOHN.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE TO 1 JOHN.
I. Greetings (1:1-3)
1. Who wrote this letter? To whom did he write?
2. How is the truth in believers? (2; John 14:6, 17:23) What can we learn about the nature of God and the source of truth?
3. What three things come from God? How are God and Jesus identified? How are they with us?
II. Walk in Love (4-6)
4. What were her children doing? How is this God's command? (Titus 2:3-5)
5. What command did he remind her? (5-6; John 13:34)
III. Antichrists (7-13)
6. Why is it important to know that Jesus came in the flesh? (7) If he didn't come in the flesh what happens to the meaning of his crucifixion? What word is used twice to describe the antichrist?
7. What reward is referred to in verse 8? How can a reward be lost? (Luke 19:22-24) How is continuing in the teaching of Christ like running a race? (9; and 1 Cor. 9:24-27)
8. How should we treat a brother who continually rejects Jesus' teachings? (10-11)
9. What did John promise and compare it to the ending of his third letter? (12)
10. What does verse 13 mean?