The Gospel Seed Scattered
Questions for Study 10
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PALESTINE AND SYRIA.
I. The Gospel Seed Scattered (1-8)
1. Who was Saul? (1) What happened to the Christians in Judea? (1-2) Why do you think all the apostles stayed in Jerusalem? What was Saul trying to do? (3)
2. In what ways was God using this persecution? (4) What was the ministry of Philip? (5-7)
II. The Man Who Tried to Buy God's Gift (9-25)
3. Who was Simon? (9-11) What made him interested in following Philip? (12-13)
4. How did the Jerusalem Church respond to the work of God in Samaria? (14-17) What did Simon try to do with the gift of God? (18-19)
5. How did Peter rebuke Simon the sorcerer? (20-23) How is the power of the gospel revealed through Apostle Peter? (24-25)
III. Philip and the Ethiopian Church (26-40)
6. Where did the angel of God lead Philip? (26, 29) Whom did he meet on the road? (27-28)
7. How did Philip help the eunuch to come to know Christ the Suffering Servant? (30-35) How did Philip help the man to commit to Christ? (36-38)
8. How did Philip and the eunuch part ways? (39) How did God continue to use Philip? (40) What do you learn from this passage about the characteristics of the early Christians?