Vision and Prision
Questions for Study 18
Memory Verse: 16
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S FIRST AND SECOND MISSIONARY JOURNEY.
I. The Disagreement between Paul and Barnabas (15:36-16:5)
1. How long has it been estimated that Paul and Barnabas knew each other and worked together? (9:26-27) What did they agree to do? (36)
2. What problem arose? (37-38) How do we know that this wasn't a small thing? (39-41) What does this tell us about how God works in spite of our weaknesses? When is the next time we hear of Mark? (Col. 4:10, and 2 Tim. 4:11, Phm. 1:24)
II. The Gospel Spreads (1-15)
3. Who did Paul meet as he began his travels? What did he have Timothy do? Why? How does this differ from what the letter they delivered said? What does it show about Paul's desire for his Jewish brothers?
4. Where did they travel? Where not and why? See map showing these providences locations. What was the only direction left?
5. How did the vision confirm where the Lord was having them go? Why do you think Paul needed to see this vision? (15:36) What does this tell us about the Lord's desire and way of working?
6. Where did they end up? What did they do on the Sabbath? How was this different that what Paul had been doing?
7. Who did they meet? What happened? Why do you think Paul agreed to go with Lydia?
III. Continual Opposition (16-40)
8. What does verse 16 tell us about Paul's new habit? What did the spirit say? Why do you think Paul was troubled by it? (Mk. 3:11-12) Consider the way a person is saved.
9. What accusation was thrown against them? (19-21) Why do you think the crowd got involved? What was the real reason they suffered? (9:16)
10. What was Paul and Silas doing in jail? How were they set free? What was the result? What did the jailer experience? (34) How did Paul use his Roman citizenship?