God Heard Their Growning
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 2:24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIEW A MAP OF EGYPT AND SINAI.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
I. The Slave Masters Oppressed Them (1:1-22)
1. Who was Jacob (Israel)? (1-5) Where was his homeland and why did he and his family move to Egypt? (Gen. 35:27, 37:28, 42:5, 45:4-5, 46:1-4) How was God working just as he had always planned? (6-7; Gen. 15:13-21) What can we learn about God?
2. How had Israel's situation change during their sojourn there? (8-10) Was the reason for their oppression just? What was God doing through their oppression? (Rom. 5:3-4) Did Israel understand this at that time?
3. What unjust command did the king of Egypt give? (15-16) Why did the midwives disobey the king? (17-19) How did God bless their faith? (20-21) What did not change? (22) What can we learn about a life of faith in the Lord during hard times? (Rom. 12:9-21)
II. She Named Him Moses (2:1-10)
4. What did Moses' mother do by faith? (1-2, Heb. 11:23) What kind of faith did they display? (Luke 12:4-7) When hiding him proved hard, what other action did his mother take by faith? (3-4) What can we learn about faith? (Rom. 1:17, James 2:18-20)
5. By what unusual method was Moses saved? (5-6) What was God's plan for Moses? (Acts 7:21-22)
6. How did God use Moses' sister to bless his mother's faith? (7-9) Why might her act have been bold?
7. Why might an Egyptian who found a baby floating in the Nile consider him special? (10) What can we learn about God from this? (Job 37:5, Mat. 9:22, 15:28)
III. God Looked on the Israelites (2:11-25)
8. Why might Moses have not known the condition his people were living in? (11-12, Acts 7:23) Why did he kill the Egyptian? (Acts 7:24-25) How was he right and yet wrong? (3:7-10; Deut. 32:35) What was the result of his presumptions and misguided faith? (13-15)
9. How was Moses rescue of the priest's daughters different from his rescue of the two Israelites? (16-17) How did God bless a righteous act? (18-22)
10. During Moses' forty years in Midian what kind of life did his fellow Hebrews have? (23) Why did God remember them? (24-25)