Jesus, the Lamb of God
Questions for Study 2
Key Verse: 1:29
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
TO SEE WHERE JOHN AND THE DISCIPLES WERE FROM CLICK HERE TO SEE A MAP.
I. The Voice in the Desert (19-28)
1. Why did the priests and Levities come to John? Who sent them?
2. What do the words of Isaiah 40:3 tell us about John and his mission?
3. What other question did they ask John? (24-25) How did he answer? (26-27) According to verse 31, why did John baptize with water? How did this reveal Jesus? (reveal=introduce) What can we learn from this answer? (26,27)
II. Look, the Lamb of God! (29-34)
4. The nest day when Jesus came, what did John say about him? What did he mean by "the Lamb of God"? (Ex. 12:11-13; Ex. 29:38) How does the Pascal lamb in the Old Testament point to Jesus, the Lamb of God? (1 Co. 5:7; Heb. 9:24-26) How does he take away the sins of the world? (Isa. 53:3-7; Heb. 9:14)
5. What else did John say about who Jesus is? (30) How did John recognize him and become the first witness? (32,33)
III. We Have Found the Messiah (35-51)
6. Who were the first believers? What did they ask when they first met Jesus?
7. What is the significance of Jesus' question, 'What do you want?" and of Jesus' invitation, "Come and you will see"? What does this short conversation teach us about what it means to believe in Jesus?
8. When they went with Jesus and spent time with him, what did they come to believe about him? What did Andrew do? What can we learn from him? What was the new name Jesus gave Simon? Why?
9. How did Philip and Nathaniel become believers? What was similar in their experience to that of Andrew and his friend and Simon? What important lessons do we learn from these first believers?
10. Why was Nathaniel doubtful? What moved him to confess faith in Jesus? What did Jesus say to Nathaniel? (51) What does this mean?
11. The early disciples made a confession of faith (41,45,49) when they first met Jesus. Presently, who is Jesus to you personally?