For to Me, to Live is Christ
Questions for Study 1
Key Verse: 21
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE INTRODUCTION.
I. He Who Began a Good Work in You (1-11)
1. Who is the sender of this letter and who is the recipient? How did Paul identify himself?
2, What can we learn from verses 3-8 about Paul's relationship with the Christians in Philippi? (Acts 16:11-40)
3. What are Paul's thanksgiving and prayer topics in verses 3-8? How can he be confident about the future work of God in the uncertain world? (6)
4. Think about Paul's prayer in verses 9-11. What is the work of God that he longs to see in their lives? Why does he want to see these things?
II. For to Me, to Live is Christ (12-30)
5. While Paul was imprisoned, to whom. did he preach the gospel? What was the response of silent and inactive brethren when Paul was imprisoned? (14)
6. What were the different kinds of motives that led people to preach the gospel? How did Paul respond? (18) What can we learn from him?
7. What kind of help did Paul ask for his deliverance? (19)
8. In Jesus, what kind of purpose of life did Paul have? What kind of personal relationship did he have with Jesus? (21; Rom.1:5; Gal.2:20)
9. What kind of decision did Paul make when he was in conflict between the desire to die and to remain alive? (22-26)
10. What does it mean to conduct oneself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ?
11. Why do we have to participate in the suffering of Christ? (29)