While We Wait for Jesus
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 2:13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
I. Teach Sound Doctrine (1-5)
1. What is required of all Bible teachers? (1) What is sound doctrine? Why is this so important?
2. What does sound doctrine have to say about older men? (2) Since this must be taught what can be learned about man's fallen state?
3. What does sound doctrine have to say about older women? (3) Why is it better for older women to teach younger women the way of the Lord? (4-5) What should they teach?
II. Self Controlled and Trustworthy (6-10)
4. What does young men need to be taught and why? (6) What are some of the teaching directions given in verses 7 thru 8? What is another benefit of living this way? (8b)
5. How can verse 9 be applied to today's world? What further direction and effect of that direction is found in verse 10? How is Joseph and Daniel good examples? (Genesis 39:3-10; Daniel 2:14-16, 27-28)
III. While We Wait (11-15)
6. What is the grace of God that brings salvation? (11; John 1:14, 17)
7. How are we to be different than those who aren't true believers? (12) What does "this present age" imply about the soon to begin next age? (Rev. 20:4-6)
8. What is our hope? (13) Does anyone know the exact day or hour he will come and how should this play into our day to day life? (Matt. 24:42-44)
9. What does the word "redeem" mean in verse 14? Who purified us and how did he do that? (Rev. 1:5-6) Why did he purify us?
10. How are encouragement and rebuke alike and unique? (15) Why might people dispise us and how should we do our best to avoid it? (Isaiah 66:5; Matt. 10:24-25; John 15:18-21)