Naaman Healed of Leprosy
Questions for Study 4
2 Kings 5:1-27
Memory Verses: 1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Aram Man, See the Prophet in Samaria (5:1-7)
1. Who was Naaman? (1) What problem did he have?
2. Who was in his household? (2) Was she a girl of faith? (3) How must she have thought when she was taken captive?
3. What did Naaman do? (4-6) What did the king of Aram assume about the king of Israel? How was he wrong? (7) When we are called by the Lord's name what should we remember? (Luke 11:33)
II. God's Way Not What You Expect (5:8-14)
4. How did Elisha rebuke the king of Israel? Where did Naaman go? (9) What does this show about him?
5. Was Naaman healed right awaY? (10) What did it take to obey? How did Naaman respond? (11-12) Why?
6. What advice did Naaman's servants give? (13-14) How did he respond? Even though Naaman often resisted being healed what caused him to change his mind again and again? What can we learn? (Phil. 2:14-16)
III. May the Lord Forgive Your Servant (5:15-19a)
7. How did Naaman react to the healing? (15) Why didn't Elisha accept the gift? (16) What did Naaman then request? (17)
8. What did Naaman request? (18) Did Elisha allow it? What can be learned?
IV. Elisha's Servant in Error (5:19b-27)
9. What did Elisha's servant think? (19b-20) What did he do without telling Elisha? Why?
10. What did Gehazi request and why? Did Naaman refuse? When he returned what did Elisha ask? What was the outcome? What can be learned? (John 12:4-6; Acts 5:1-2; and 2 Tim. 3:6-9)