I Will Celebrate Before the Lord
Questions for Study 2
2 Samuel 5:1-6:23
Key Verse: 6:14-15
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM.
I. Jerusalem (5:1-10)
1. Why did all the tribes come to David? (1-3) What was the basis of recognizing David as their ruler? (2) What do you learn from David who waited for seven years and 6 months to unite the people of Northern Israel and Judah? (4-5)
2. How did David succeed in taking the stronghold Jerusalem, and why? (6-10) How important was it for Israel to have a capital city?
II. David Inquired the Lord (5:11-25)
3. What do David's alliance with Hiram and David's taking more concubines and wives tell us about the customs of the age? (11, 13-16) Why was it important for David to know God's will upon himself and his kingdom? (12)/p>
4. When the Philistines came to attack and kill David what did he do? Who did David credit for the victory? What can we learn how battles are won?
III. David Brings the Ark to Jerusalem (6:1-23)
5. Describe the procession while the Ark was moved from Hebron to Jerusalem. (1-5) What can we learn about worship and praise? (Eph. 5:19-20, Col. 3:15-17)
6. Why did Uzzah die? (6-7; 1 Sam. 6:19; Num. 4:15; and 1 Chron. 15:15) How did David respond and what did God teach? (8-11)
7. Why did David again decide to bring that ark to Jerusalem? (12) How much different was David in bring the ark this time? (13-15; and 1 Chron. 15:13) What can we learn about worship and praise? (Heb. 12:28-29) Reviewing the conclusion consider the cost to David? (18-19)
8. What was the real reason for Michal's contempt for David? (16) What was her pretended reason? (20) What was the outcome? (23)
9. Why was it that David behaved as he did on this occasion? (17)
10. Why did David treat Michal in such a severe way? (21-22)