Joined Together Constantly in Prayer
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 2:14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM IN NEW TESTAMENT TIMES.
I. The Prayer Meeting (1:12-26)
1. Where did the disciples gather together? (12, 13a) Who was there? (13b)
2. What did they do? (14) Why? (1:5) Think about the characteristics of the prayer meeting.
3. While they were praying, what problem arose in their hearts? (16) Why was it a serious problem? (Mat. 27:3-10; Col. 4:2 1 Peter 3:7)
4. How did Peter display spiritual leadership in resolving this problem? (15-21)
5. Who joined the Apostles as Judas' replacement? (21-26) What qualifications were required of Judas' successor?
II. Pentecost (2:1-13)
6. What do the words "like" and "what seemed to be" indicate about the coming of the Holy Spirit? (2-3) What is the immediate effect upon the disciples of Jesus? (4)
7. Describe the crowd that gathered. (5-11) Why where these people so amazed and why did they even make fun of the disciples? (12-13)
8. What do you think the purpose of speaking in different tongues was? (4)