Jesus, Both Lord and Christ
Questions for Study 3
Memory Verse: 36
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM IN NEW TESTAMENT TIMES.
I. Your Young Men Will See Vision (14-21)
1. How does Peter make people pay attention to him? (14) How does he defend the condition of his people? (15a)
2. In what ways are the prophesies of the prophet Joel fulfilled? (16) In what sense does the work of the Holy Spirit affect all kinds of people? (17-18) How is the work different?
3. What does verse 19-20 refer to? (Luke. 23:44-45; Luke. 21:11) What is the meaning of verse 21?
II. But God Raised Him From the Dead (22-24)
4. What are Jesus' impeccable credentials? (22) How does Peter explain the sovereign work of God and at the same time deal with the sins of people? (23)
5. What did God do for Jesus? (24a) Why is it so inevitable?
III. David's Resurrection Faith (25-36)
6. How does Apostle Peter show that Jesus was raised according to the Scriptures? (25-28; Psa. 16:8-11) What is Peter's conclusion based on David's Psalm 16? (29-31)
7. What is the other evidence of Jesus' resurrection? (32-33) What happened to the risen Jesus? (33-35) What is the point of Peter's message? (36)