Those Who are Wise will Instruct Many
Questions for Study 11
Memory Verse: 33
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. His Empire Will Be Parcelled Out (2-4)
1. How many more significant kings of Persia will come? (2a) Notice the wording. How is the fourth king different and what will he do? (2b)
2. What characterizes the mighty king's reign? (3) What happens to his kingdom when he dies? (4) Considering 7:6 and 8:19-22, who was this mighty king? In the end what good does power and wealth gain? (Deut. 8:17-18; Psalm 89:47-48; Matt. 6:19-21)
II. Kings Come and Kings Go (5-32)
3. After the mighty king's empire is divided into four, what happens to one of them? (5) How does he treat his family? (6) How should daughters be treated? (Matt. 9:22; Luke 8:53-55; Ex. 21:7-11; Lev. 19:29, 22:12-13; Num. 27:8)
4. Why does the new southern king seem to invade the kingdom of the North? (7-8) What is the kingdom of the south and thus the kingdom of the north? What reasons do they continually fight each other? (9-13) How are God's people to be different? (Luke 22:24-26)
5. What is meant by "your people"? (14) What does the fact there there are violent people among them tell us about what was happening to Israel during this time? How is this similar to what has and will continue to happen to Jesus' church? (1 John 2:18-19)
6. What is the Beautiful Land and what happens to it, being in the middle of the two kingdoms? (15-20) What are some of the descriptions of the kings in verses 21-28?
7. When the north king's invasion of the south is stopped who does he take his anger out on? (29-30) What are some of the things he does? (31)
8. What is "abomination that causes desolation"? (9:27, 11:31, 12:11; Matt. 24:15-21; Luke 21:20-24) What does this tell us about the nature of the prophecy so far? How can we resist flattery that lead to sin? (32)
III. Those Who Are Wise (33-35)
9. What do the wise do in the mist of wars and blatant sin? (33; and 2 Tim. 3:16-17) Even though doing the work of God what may happen to the wise? What two things can the wise expect? (34) What word of encouragement did Jesus give us for times like these? (John 16:33)
10. What does it mean to stumble and why does it happen to even the wise? (35a) What will surely come? (35b) What does this tell us about who is in control even though it seems like the world is out of control?