His Covenant of Love
Questions for Study 9
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Daniel Prays (1-19)
1. When was it and this to the time when Daniel was taken into captivity? (1; 1:1,6) After many years of Bible study what did Daniel discover? (2; Jer. 25:11-12, 29:10-14) What did he do? (3) Who was the Lord to Daniel? (4a) What can we learn from Daniel?
2. What was the Lord's covenant with Israel? (4b, Ex. 19:3-8) Considering his and Israel's situation what is amazing about his prayer? (5-7)
3. Why did the Lord scatter Judah and Israel? (7-8) Even though they were the ones who broke the covenant, what did Daniel know about the Lord? (9-10) What do we know about the extent of God's mercy and forgiveness? (Rom. 5:6-8, 8:38-39)
4. What are the curses written by Moses? (11-12; Deut. 11:26-29) Though they received the promised curses what had they not done yet? (13-14) What can we learn about what the Lord requires when we sin? (1 John 1:8-9; 2:1-2)
5. How is it possible the Lord's name endured even though Jerusalem was destroyed and his people taken into captivity? What happens when God's people sin? (15-16) What was the reason for Daniel's request?
II. As Soon As You Began to Pray (20-24)
6. While Daniel was confessing sins who came to him? (20-21; Luke 1:19) Why might the Lord know that Daniel wanted and needed insight and understanding? (23; 7:28, 8:27, 9:2) Why was he given help so quickly?
III. Seventy "Sevens" (25-27)
7. What are seventy "sevens"? (Lev. 25:8-24; Matthew 18:21-22) What are they decreed for? What does it mean to seal up vision and prophecy? What does it mean to anoint the most holy? (c.f. 25b, 26a)
8. What is the starting point of the time line given to Daniel? What is the ending? What will the rebuilt Jerusalem have? What characterizes the times it is rebuilt? When was it rebuilt? (Nehemiah 2:1, 4-5, 8)
9. What are sixty-two "sevens" and what happens after them? (26a) When was Jerusalem and the temple destroyed? (26b) What happens next? (26c)
10. Who will confirm a covenant with whom and for how long? (27a) What will he do in the middle of the covenant? (27b) What else will he do? (27c; Matt. 24:15-16) What is poured out on him? (27d; Rev. 20:1-3)