Out of Reverence for Christ
Questions for Study 5
Key Verse: 5:2
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Be Imitators of God (5:21-6:9)
1. What should be our mindset toward other believers in Jesus? (21)
2. Why might it be hard for wives to submit to husbands? (22) What does the husband and wife team compare to? (23-24)
3. Who are husbands to follow in loving their wives? (25) What did he do for us? (26-27) How are husbands to view their wives? (28; Matt. 19:4-6) What practically does this mean for husbands? (29-31)
4. What is the profound mystery Paul reveals and how does it apply to marriages? (32-33)
5. How do godly children live? (6:1-3) What does it mean to exasperate? (4a) What are fathers to do instead? (4b) Where do you spend your quality time?
6. How might verses 5-8 apply to you? Who are modern day masters? (9) What is the basis of the all these practical lessons? (Matt. 22:37-40)
II. Strength in Spiritual Conflict (6:10-20)
7. Why should we put on the full armor of God? (10-12) Do we know when the day of evil may come on us? (13) How then is the armor of God practical in today's living? (14-18)
8. How is verse 19-20 a good prayer topic for preachers and teachers?
III. Final Greetings (21-24)
9. Who is Tychicus? (Acts 20:4; Col. 4:7; 2 Tim. 4:12; Tit. 3:12) What appears to be his responsibility, his gift?
10. What does Paul hope and bestow for all believers? (23-24)