Jesus is the Christ of God
Questions for Study 18
Memory Verse: 20
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. You Give Them Something to Eat (10-17)
1. Why did Jesus withdraw? Why did he find it impossible to be alone? What was Jesus' attitude toward the uninvited crowd? What does this teach about Jesus?
2. When did the Twelve run out of patience with the crowd? Was their suggestion reasonable? How did Jesus answer his disciples' request? (13a) Why was his command seemingly unreasonable? (14a) What was he seeking to teach his disciples?
3. What does their response to Jesus reveal about the twelve? (13b) How did Jesus respond? (14b) Why have them sit down in orderly groups? Why might this have been a little difficult?
4. What did Jesus do? (16) How did the disciples participate? What should have they learned? What was the result? What does this event teach about Jesus' power and love?
II. The Christ of God (18-27)
5. What questions did Jesus asked? (18, 20) How were they similar and different? What is the different views of Jesus? What does it mean that Jesus is the Christ? (20b, 22) Why did Jesus warn them not to tell anyone?
6. What does it mean to "deny" himself, to "take up his cross", to "come after me"? What does the word "daily" imply? What does Jesus mean by "save" and "lose"?
7. What does it mean to be ashamed of Jesus and his word? What promise does Jesus give to his disciples? (27) What does it mean?
III. Jesus' Transfiguration (28-36)
8. What happened while Jesus was praying? What is the significance of the change in Jesus' appearance? Why did Jesus want his disciples to see this glorious sight?
9. Who were Moses and Elijah? Why might they have been the ones chosen for this meeting with Jesus? What did they talk about with Jesus? Why?
10. Why did Peter react as he did? (32-33) What did God teach? Why did he tell them to "listen to him"? How did this event end and with what effect? (2 Peter 1:16-19)