The Parable of the Good Samaritan
Questions for Study 21
Memory Verse: 28
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. Do This and You Will Live (25-29)
1. What did the expert in the law ask Jesus and how did he answer his own question? (25-27) What does this show about the man? Why is eternal life so related to love?
2. Why did the expert in the law ask Jesus another question? What was the question? What answer did he probably expect from Jesus?
II. Go and Do Likewise (30-37)
3. What happened to the man going from Jerusalem to Jericho in the parable? Who were the men who passed him by? Why might they have passed by without stopping to help? What does this suggest about the religious leaders of the time?
4. What did the Samaritan think about the injured man when he saw him? How did he serve him? What was his expenditure in money, time, and effort? What is Jesus teaching us here?
5. Why do you think that Jesus picked a Samaritan to be the hero of this parable?
III. But Only One Thing is Needed (38-42)
6. How did Martha recieve Jesus and his disciples? How did this show her love for Jesus? What did Mary do? Why?
7. What does Martha's complaint about Mary to Jesus show about her? How is her demand reasonable in itself? Why is she wrong?
8. How did Jesus counsel Martha? Why did he not send Mary to help Martha? What is one thing that is needed, the one thing that Jesus wants the most from those who love him?
9. How do the teaching of the parable and the lesson taught in Martha's house compliment each other?