Jesus Gives Sight to a Blind Beggar
Questions for Study 32
Memory Verse: 42
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. The Rich Young Good Guy (18-30)
1. Who came to Jesus? (18, 21, 23; Matt. 19:20) What did he ask Jesus? Why does Jesus reply teach about him and his understanding of the man's motive? (19) If the man already know the commandments why did Jesus repeat them?
2. What kept him from being perfect? (21-22) What does his reaction reveal? (23) What can we learn from Jesus and about Jesus from his next words to the rich young good guy?
3. What encouraging words did Jesus give those who were suprized? (26-27) What does it mean? Why did Peter state what he did? How did Jesus encourage him?
II. Jesus Again Predicts His Death (31-34)
4. What did Jesus know about the details of the things that would happen to him in Jerusalem? How did he know about them? What is the final outcome?
5. Why did the disciples not understand? Why then tell them?
III. A Blind Beggar Receives His Sight (35-43)
6. Where did the blind man live? How did he earn his living? What does this tell us about his fatalistic life? How did he know that Jesus was passing by the place where he was living?
7. What did he do when he learn about Jesus passing by? Why did those who led Jesus' way rebuke the blind man? Why did he shout all the more inspite of their words? What did he believe about Jesus? What can we learn from him?
8. What did Jesus do when he heard him? How was Jesus different from those who led his way?
9. How did the man respond to Jesus? What did Jesus do for him? What did Jesus mean when he said, "Your faith has healed you"? What can be learned from the blind man?
10. How did the man and the crowd respond to this miracle? What does this event teach us about Jesus?