Until I Come Back
Questions for Study 33
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. This Man, Too, Is a Son of Abraham (1-10)
1. Where was Jesus going as he passed through Jericho? Why was he going there?
2. Who was Zacchaeus? What shows that he was successful at his job? How did most Jews feel about tax collectors? Why? In what respect was he one of the lost? (10) Why did Zacchaeus have hope in Jesus?
3. What did Zacchaeus do in his determination to see Jesus? What obstacles did he have to overcome? What does this show about his character?
4. When Jesus saw Zacchaeus sitting in the tree, what did he say to him? Why? What did it mean that he called him by name? How did Zacchaeus respond? Why? How did the people in the crowd react? Why?
5. When Zacchaeus welcomed Jesus into his home, what happened in his heart? How did his life change? What did Jesus say to him and about him? (19) What does this mean?
II. Put This Money to Work (11-13)
6. Why did Jesus tell this parable? What false idea did people have about Jesus' going to Jerusalem? About the kingdom of God?
7. Where was the nobleman in the parable going? For what purpose? When would he return? What is the point of this parable?
8. What instructions did the nobleman give to his ten servants? Who do the servants represent? What might the minas represent? How can you obey Jesus' words, "put this money to work"?
III. Well Done, My Good Servant (14-27)
9. Who were the eneies that did not want the nobleman to be their king? How did the master praise and reward the first two? What does this teach us?
10. What excuse did the third servant give? What does this show about him? How did the master rebuke and punish him? What does God expect of his servants? How can we live as fruitful sons of Abraham?