Jesus' Triumphal Entry
Questions for Study 34
Memory Verse: 38
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. The Lord Needs It (28-34)
1. Where was Jesus going? (28) What had Jesus been saying as he approached Jerusalem? (9:22, 44, 17:22, 18:31-33)
2. What did Jesus do to prepare to enter the city? (29-31) Why? (Zech. 9:9) Was Jesus notification to Jerusalem he was their king sincere?
3. Why might the command he gave his disciples be difficult for them to obey? How did they respond? (32-34) What do the words, "the Lord needs it", suggest about Jesus? About his disciples' faith?
II. Blessed is the King! (35-44)
4. What is the significance of people's spreading their cloaks on the road before Jesus?
5. As they went down the Mount of Olives, why did the crowd shout so joyfully? Which of his miracles might they have been remembering? What did they shout? What did they believe about Jesus?
6. How did the Pharisees respond to the shouts of the crowd? Why? What did Jesus mean by his statement in verse 40?
7. Why did Jesus weep over Jerusalem? What would happen to her in the future?
8. What was hidden from her eyes? Why did he say that it was now hidden? In what respect did she not recognize the time of God's coming to her?
III. King Jesus Who Judges (45-48)
9. Where did Jesus go and what did he do after entering Jerusalem? Why was he so angry? What does this event teach us about Jesus?
10. Why did the Jewish leaders try to kill Jesus? Why didn't they succeed at the time?