The Beginning of the Messiah's Ministry
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 38
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFROE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JESUS' EARLY MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. Jesus' Preaching (21-28)
1. Note the time and place of this event. How did the people respond to Jesus' teaching? Why? Why was it that the teachers of the law had no authority in their teaching?
2. What happened while Jesus was teaching? Why would the evil spirit know Jesus? How did Jesus demonstrate his authority? How did ordinary people respond to him? Why?
II. Jesus' Healing (29-34)
3. Why did Jesus and his disciples go to Simon's house? What problem did they find there? What did Jesus do about the problem? What does this show us about Jesus?
4. Why do you think so many people came to Simon's house, and why so late? How did Jesus receive them? What can you learn from Jesus?
III. Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place (35-39)
5. When and where did Jesus pray? Why did he choose this time and place? What do you think he prayer about? Why do you think Jesus, the Son of God, thought it so important to pray?
6. Why did Simon and the others come looking for Jesus? What does this show about them? Why do you think Jesus decided to leave Capernaum for a time and travel to others villages? How was this decision related to Jesus' prayer?
IV. Jesus Heals a Man with Leprosy (40-45)
7. Put yourself in the situation of the man with leprosy. How would a leper feel? What did this man believe about Jesus?
8. What did Jesus do for this man? What is the significance of Jesus' touch? His spoken word? What instructions did Jesus give the man, and why? How did this event affect Jesus' ministry? What can we learn about Jesus from this whole passage?