The First Meeting
Questions for Study 1
Song of Solomon 1:1-2:2
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
I. Title (1:1)
1. Who wrote this book? What is it called?
II. Exchange Between Beloved, Friends, Beloved (1:2-7)
2. How does the beloved express her love in verses 2 and 3? Who is her lover? (4a) How are we lovers of the King of kings? (Rev. 19:16; John 15:9)
3. Where does she want to go? How does this reflect our desire to be with Jesus? (John 14:2-4; and 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18)
4. How did the friends respond? (4b) How did John the Baptist claim the role of the friend of the bridegroom? (John 3:27-29) How did Jesus claim the role of the bridegroom to John's disciples? (Matthew 9:14-15)
5. How is the bride described? (5-6) How is the a description of our state not, before Jesus comes again? (1 Corinthians 15:42-44, 50-51; and 1 John 3:2) Since she left her family where is she and where does she want to be? (7)
III. Exchange Between Beloved and Lover (1:8-2:2)
6. How does the bridegroom tell his bride to get to him and what does he promise her? (8-11) Who are his sheep?
7. What plant products are used to describe the lover in verses 12-14?
8. How is declaring our spouses beauty important to a relationship? (15-17) Does God declare his love for us? How can we declare our love for God?
9. What flowers are used to describe the bride? What does the bridegroom add to that description? (2) What can we learn about the reciprocal love relationship we have with Jesus from this study?