The Second Meeting
Questions for Study 2
Song of Solomon 2:3-3:5
Memory Verse: 2:4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Exchange Between Beloved and Lover (2:3-15)
1. How does the bride compare her lover to others in verse 3? What is the banquet hall used for during a wedding ceremony? (4; Matthew 25:10) What does it mean "his banner over me is love"?
2. How does her love for the bridegroom affect her being? (5) How does the personal affection expressed in verse 5 reflect back to the creation of man? (Genesis 2:7)
3. How is the approach of the bridegroom similar to Jesus' second coming? (7-8; Psalm 97:1-6; Micah 1:3-4; Nahum 1:5) What does the bridegroom say to his lover when he arrives? (9-10) What will Jesus say when he arrives again? (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
4. What time of year was it when the bridegroom came for his lover? (11-13) When Jesus comes again what will happen to the land? (Isaiah 51:3; Ezekiel 36:33-36)
5. What does the bridegroom long to hear? (14-15) How does this stress the importance of prayer with our lover? (Ephesians 6:18; Revelation 5:8, 8:3-4)
II. Beloved (2:16-3:5)
6. When the bridegroom comes for his lover what will happen? (16-17) How is this like Jesus' second coming? (Isaiah 24:21-23)
7. When the bridegroom is away what consumes that brides thoughts? (1-3) Is this like us? (Hebrews 12:2) Did the bridegroom find her lover?
8. What does the bride charge her maidens to keep?