Four of Eight Visions
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 1:3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM BABYLON TIMES TO ROMAN OCCUPATION OF JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE.
I. Introduction (1:1-6)
1. When did the word of the Lord first come to Zechariah and who was he? Why was the Lord angry enough to send his people into exile for 70 years? (2, 4-6a) What did he want this generation to do? (3) What can be learned about the Lord's faithfulness and love? How did they respond? (6b)
II. The Horseman (1:7-17)
2. What did the second message include? (7-8) What did the four find? (9-11) What did the Lord do when the angle with Zechariah asked a question? (12-13)
3. Who is the Lord jealous for and what is the difference between them? (14) Why was the Lord angry with the nations? (15) What did he say about Jerusalem? Has the promise in verse 17 been fulfilled yet?
III. The Four Horns and Craftsmen (1:18-21)
4. What were the four horns? (18-19) And the craftsmen? (20-21) Do they have to do with Jesus' second coming?
IV. Measuring Line (2:1-13)
5. Why might the Lord send an angel to measure Jerusalem? (1-2) What was different about the Jerusalem the angel was sent to measure? (3-4) What else will be special about this Jerusalem? Has there ever been a Jerusalem like this?
6. What does the Lord declare in verse 6? What is the land to the north? What did the Lord reveal about Babylon elsewhere in the Bible? (1 Peter 5:13; Rev. 14:8, 17:5-6, 18:2, 21)
7. What does it mean to be the apple of God's eye? Who will the Lord Almighty send? When will the world know that he sent him?
8. Who is coming? (10) How did the preaching of the gospel fulfill verses 11 and 12? What is promised? (13)
V. Clean Garments (3:1-10)
9. What was Satan doing? What is a burning stick snatched from the fire? How does Jesus make this possible? (Col. 1:13-14)
10. What does clean clothes symbolize? (3-5) After he was cleaned up what did the angel of the Lord say to Joshua? (6-7) How did Jesus tell us the same thing? (Luke 19:17)
11. Who is the Branch and how does the priesthood symbolize him? (8; John 15:1-4; Rom. 11:17-18) What is the stone and how was sin removed in a single day? (Rom. 9:30-33; and 2 Cor. 5:21) Having our sin taken away what should we do? (10)