Renounce Your Sins
Questions for Study 4
Memory Verse: 4:34
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE ASSYRIAN EMPIRE
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Complacent King Nebuchadnezzar (1-18)
1. To whom did King Nebuchadnezzar address this testimony? What was the main point of what he wanted to say? What had he learned about God from his experience? (1-3)
2. Before the events which he described in this chapter occurred, what was King Nebuchadnezzar's life like? What was his attitude toward his life and his accomplishments? (4:29, 30)
3. What are the inherent spiritual dangers of a contented, prosperous, complacent life? (2 Sa. 11:1-2; and 1 Kings 11:37-38, 12:26-29, 13:33-34, 15:34) Think about God who opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. (Jas. 4:6; and 1 Pe. 1:24; and 1 Kings 21:1-3, 4-16, 25-29)
4. What terrifying experience did King Nebuchadnezzar have? (5) Whose help did he first seek? Why did he finally seek Daniel's help? (8-9, 18)
5. What were the contents of his terrifying dream? (10-17) According to Nebuchadnezzar's dream itself, what was the main thing God wanted to teach the king? (17)
II. Renounce Your Sins (19-27)
6. What was Daniel's first reaction when he heard the dream? Why do you think he was so perplexed and even terrified? (19)
7. How did Daniel try to be tactful? What did he tell the king clearly and directly? According to the dream, who was the tree, what did it symbolize and what would happen to it?
8. What would happen to the king? (24-25) How long would the king live like an animal? What cold relieve the animal-man's distress? What did God ant the king to do?
9. What counsel did Daniel give the king? What does it reveal about King Nebuchadnezzar's reign? What does it reveal about God's servant Daniel?
III. King Nebuchadnezzar Receives Training (28-37)
10. At what point in the king's life did the dream come true? (28-32) Describe the animal-man king. What does this reveal about fallen men? When was the king's mental illness cured? (34) What did he learn? What can we learn about God?