Daniel's Life of Prayer
Questions for Study 6
Memory Verse: 6:10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE ASSYRIAN EMPIRE
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Daniel's Prayer (1-10)
1. How did King Darius organize his empire? (1) What was Daniel's position in this new government? (2) How and why did the king plan to promote him? (3)
2. Why did the other administrators and satraps try to find grounds to bring charges against him? (4) Why could they find none? (4) What conclusion did they reach? (5)
3. What was the decree they persuaded the king to issue? (6) What was the ostensible reason? What was the real reason? How did they lie? (7) Why put it into writing "according to the laws of the Medes and Persians"?
4. When Daniel heard about this decree, what did he do? (10) How was Daniel uncompromising stand consistent with his previous decisions and actions? (Daniel 1:8; 2:28; 4:27; 5:22; 6:10)
5. What can we learn about prayer from Daniel? What was his prayer topic? How was he similar to other men of prayer? (Genesis 12:8b; Numbers 27:12-14; Mark 1:35; Luke 22:42; Luke 23:34a; Revelation 1:9)
II. Daniel's Life Testimony (11-28)
6. When Daniel's enemies reported his disobedience to the royal decree to the king, how did the king respond? (11-12) How was he finally trapped by his own law? What was done with Daniel? (14-17)
7. What could the king do? What was his only hope? (16) How did he spend the night? (18) How did Daniel and Daniel's enemies probably spend the night?
8. What did the king do at the first light of dawn? (19) What did he discover about Daniel's fate? What was Daniel's testimony? (21-22) What did he learn about Daniel? What can we learn about God? (Acts 27:22,23)
9. What happened to Daniel's enemies? What does this suggest about the destiny of ungodly men? What was the testimony of King Darius? (25-27) What can we learn in this chapter about faith and prayer?