The Parable of the Rich Fool
Questions for Study 24
Memory Verse: 50
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. A Rich Fool (13-21)
1. What event motivated Jesus to tell this parable? Why did Jesus refuse to be involved in the fight of this family over property? As Christians, what lessons can we learn from verses 13-15?
2. What happy problem did the rich man in the parable have? How did he decide to solve the problem?
3. What was his belief about life security? Why was he a fool?
4. Why can't material things solve ones life security problem? What is real life security?
II. Do Not Worry (22-34)
5. What basic things do most people including disciples worry about? In what respect are these things necessary to physical life?
6. What does Jesus mean when he says that life is more important that food and the body more important than clothes?
7. What is the example of the ravens? What should we learn from them? What is accomplished by worrying?
8. What lesson does Jesus teach from the lilies? What is the basic cause of worrying? (28-29)
9. What must God's children seek in contrast to the pagan world? (30-31) What assurance does Jesus give disciples?
10. What is the most precious gift from the Father? How can we claim this gift and be rich toward God?